Doing the will of God
1) In Mt. 6:10 the KJV says “thy will be done IN earth.”
2) The ASV says, Thy will be done, as in heaven, so ON earth.”
3) What is God’s will for modern man?
4) Rom. 12:2 – “Do not be conformed to this world.”
5) In 1 Thess. 4:3 Paul said, “this is the will of God.”
a) Two points are made in 1 Thess. 4:13 – READ
6) 1 Thess. 4:13 says, “abstain from fornication.”
a) Paul said we do not want to be involved with sexual sin.
b) We do not want to commit this sin as individuals.
c) Neither do we want to let our mind accept thinking that tolerates this type of activity.
d) Eph. 5:17 – READ
7) The word “foolish” has the sense of “mindless.”
8) There are people in life who have a “mindless” approach to Christianity.
9) 1 Thess. 5:18.
10) Paul said it is God’s will that we be thankful people.
11) God wants us to be grateful in our life no matter what our circumstances.
a) Based on the preceding passages, God’s will is often NOT done on the earth.
b) Think of how many people are NOT thankful.
c) We live in a world of thankless people.
12) God’s will is not done in the area of wisdom.
13) People commit the most mindless acts that lead to death, injury, and prison.
a) God wants people to be holy (Rom. 12:1-2), but think of the ungodliness in the world.
14) God says pray that His will be done ON earth.
15) This is so important it is included in what many refer to as the model prayer.
a) Many have said a better world starts with us.
16) Jesus’ life did not change everyone.
17) Our life is also going to affect others.
18) We can help God’s will be done on the earth by first doing it in our own life.
a) Doing God’s will falls into two different categories.
19) We cannot start to do God’s will unless we become a Christian.
20) Part of God’s will is becoming one of His people.
21) Then we must be the best Christian we can possibly be.